Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Pre-Baby Shower Mess!!!!!



As my previous posts have mentioned I am in the middle of a pink and brown knitting frenzy! I have been knitting in those two colors in order to make gifts for my niece's soon-to-be born little girl. On the list to knit was: a blanket, booties, a cardigan, and a hat, along with cross-stitching on two bibs. The deadline for the deluge of pink and brown knitting madness was June 20th, 2010-Father's Day-or now forever known as "THE DAY OF THE BABY SHOWER!!"

Friday, June 18th, 2010...


The baby shower is in two days and my fingers hurt from all the knitting...but it's ok because it will be worth it...my niece is going to love all of her little pink and brown baby items. I just finished the bibs and I love them!!




Saturday June 19th, 2010...
My sister and I were doing last minute shopping for the baby shower and discussing details when suddenly a thought occured to me! THE KEY!! I was in charge of doing one thing...getting the key for the building where the shower was to be held and I FORGOT!! That's right! On a Saturday, when the office where the key is located is closed, I remembered that I was supposed to pick up the key! My sister and I began scrambling around trying to find someone...anyone...who had a key or who knew someone with a key. Luckily, we got ahold of the librarian in the building next to where the shower was to be held. She informed us that there was a party being set up next door. My sister and I rushed over there as fast as we could! These poor people were in the middle of setting up for a wedding and all of a sudden two strange women rushed into the building! We must have looked like a couple of fools as the whole story "fell" out of our mouths. The nice lady agreed to let us have the key as long as we came back at 8:00 pm and showed her our receipt.
At 7:45 I showed up and the parking lot was PACKED!!! So I parked my car and waited....and waited....and waited....until 10 pm! When the party was finally over and the building cleaned up to woman gave me the keys. Boy, was I relieved! I had been feeling awful ALL DAY because I had almost ruined the shower and added stress to my poor pregnant niece!!
Next blog will have pictures of all the pink and brown goodness I knitted and the cake and a full description of the shower.....

No comments:

Post a Comment