Thursday, August 29, 2013

Last Thankful Thursday of August 2013-8/29/2013


Today I am

 THANKFUL


    For my last Thankful Thursday I want to focus on being thankful. Really appreciating all that I have and all that I am. I have written and re-written this post several times...and still it seems difficult to express how I feel. Do I love my family? my life? YES and YES. Do I appreciate all that I have? All that I have lost? All that I will gain? YES, YES, and YES. But I want to express more to this blog...show that I am really grateful for the quiet moments as well as the loud moments...instead of using my words, though, which lack the ability to say what I feel, I scoured the Internet looking for those wiser than I! Here are a few of my favorites:

  • “One of the main reasons that we lose our enthusiasm in life is because we become ungrateful..we let what was once a miracle become common to us. We get so accustomed to his goodness it becomes a routine..” 
    ― Joel OsteenYour Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential
  • “Rest and be thankful.” 
    ― William Wordsworth
  • “Do not indulge in dreams of having what you have not, but reckon up the chief of the blessings you do possess, and then thankfully remember how you would crave for them if they were not yours.” 
    ― Marcus AureliusMeditations


And finally a quote I hope to live by or at least aspire to live by:
  • As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy



     I have asked myself if I will continue on with Thankful Thursdays or move on to something else over and over again. I am not sure. I like looking at the small details of my life and trying to share what I care about but on the other hand I do not want this to become difficult or feel forced. So for now I will let Thankful Thursdays rest...I will not stop being thankful or grateful...but for now I am excited to think about what this next month holds! Wordless Wednesdays, maybe? Throwback Thursdays, perhaps? Tutorial Tuesdays? Or some other alliterative alternative? Stay tuned....







  • References:
 Osteen, Wordsworth, and Aurelius quotes found on: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/thankfulness
Kennedy quote found on: http://newlife.com/28-quotes-on-being-thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment