Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pirate Hat!

  When I got my monthly knitting magazine fix in July I was OVERJOYED to see a pattern for a toddler hat with a skull and crossbones on it! I have never really followed a chart before but this one looked simple enough and I cast-on happily. My intention, at first, was to make the toddler sized hat and send it to Kansas along with the Lillie Baby Cardigan (please see other post for this sweater!) but when the hat was complete...it was soooooo big that it didn't even fit my adult-sized head! I was a little disappointed with myself because I did everything the pattern stated except I did not knit a swatch...I never do though and everything usually works out fine. I didn't really know what to do with the finished hat...but then had a brilliant idea! My text-pal (think penpal but more MODERN) just had a birthday in June and LOVES hats. He lives in upstate New York and has cooold winters. So I sent to him! He loved it! Since making it I have had 2 other people ask for one! Here it is: 


<---flat on table

<---side view

<---far away version

skull and crossbone close-up---->

<---top of hat
 

1 comment:

  1. I like the pirate hat! Did you know International Talk Like A Pirate Day is approaching?

    http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

    ReplyDelete