Sunday, July 18, 2010

My current crafty endeavors....

Right now I have multiple crafts going at one time...I have 2 purses on needles-one is a multi-brown tote bag in my own design. The other purse is from a kit I bought a while ago...it is a trio kit. A sunglass case, a wallet, and a purse...it is interesting because it involves color changes which I have never done really before. It involves carrying the color up the side and it is on circs which I have NEVER used (of course, it is not in the round but the cable helps A LOT). I am in the process of trying to teach myself how to use circular needles so I can try all the nice patterns that call for them...my problem: joining! I have watched endless YouTube videos and still can't quite grasp the concept of how to get the yarn to join together to form a ring....

The other crafts I am working with is jewelry. I am thinking about trying to sell jewelry online so I need to build up a pretty decent stock. AND I was invited to sell some jewelry at a craft fair next month in Waverly next month....not sure if I am going to do it or not but I am thinking seriously of doing it (actually I am hoping to get a niece to sell for me since I am not good at the public/crowd thing.)

Now another thing I am thinking of is knitting jewelry frames/displays...a pattern I found on Ravelry. Basically you knit a net-type square to fit into a frame so that you can display jewelry on the yarn. I like it better than the traditional displays that most people have at craft sales...right now my sister-in-law is working on a crochet version that I am excited about, too.

My niece is getting married in October and I am elected to come up with and make wedding favors....I have no clue but I need 100-150 favors and she wants them "cute and personalized"-those are her words....I wonder if her guests will like jewelry and knitting since those are my two favorite things (right now)....hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment