Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LOLA Complete!!!!!


<~~~~~LOLA WITHOUT STARS IN THE EYES!!!





HERE IS LOLA!!

After many issues with her eyes Lola can now see and she is COMPLETE!!! I couldn't figure out exactly how to do her eyes....should they be buttons? Sewed? Cross-stitched? Left without? So finally I decided to do buttons...which presented another problem! What kind? Do you know how many buttons there are in the world? I looked at round ones, square ones, animal shaped ones, and a million other kinds!! Finally, I went with Taylor to Michael's (ok really I took her to get her hair cut for her 16th birthday and we stopped at Michael's) and she helped me pick out Lola's eyes!! Pink stars!! At first I was worried about it...what would stars say about Lola? How would they change her being? Her personality? And then....then...I sewed one on! POW! As soon as it was attached: LOLA!!! The stars were her and they were her personality!!! I love them!! And now? Since it was a package of ten with different colors....I want a LOLA of every color!!

What else I am doing.....

I just finished my first knitted purse and other than the fact that it stretches when I put something heavy in it--I LOVE IT!!! I am also still working on the "kit" that I bought...I finished the sunglass case, and the wallet but when I when I went to finish the purse: the needles broke! I was using circular needles and where the cable goes into the needle, it snapped off! So I had to switch circular needles and I am not too sure about the size change (I think they are the same) but so far I am doing okay with it....

Still searching....

I am still searching for the perfect orange eyelash yarn to do Vickie Howell's DJ Rock Baby Hat from the craftrocklove.com website but so far nothing...I have to have it done by October so that Kenyon will have it for his first birthday....I am hoping that they will carry some in the stores as it gets closer to Halloween!!

Upcoming projects...

As usual I am still working on jewelry...I am hoping to make a fanpage still but not sure that I am consistent enough as a jewelry maker to really do this...I have a tendancy to start something and not see it through!! If I start a fanpage...will I have the follow thru to make it work??

No comments:

Post a Comment