Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow Family

Snow Family

        For the last 3 weeks I have been working on the Snow Family. On the left side is Daddy Snow, middle is Mommy Snow, and on the right hand side is Snow Junior. I bought a magazine at Booksamillion, which I never do, and found the pattern inside. I was surprised that I could actually KNIT these guys! The increases were a little difficult because I have never really done an increase before but once I started I could not STOP! Their eyes, mouths, and buttons on their tummies (they don't show up on my cell picture but they are there!) are made from glass E beads and embroidery floss. All three have different types of hats-I modified the magazine patterns so that they were all original designs. Mommy Snow has glass E beads on the backs of her mittens and one on the front of her hat. Daddy Snow has a fringed scarf. I think by next year I will have made enough of this fun little family to give as Christmas gifts to the family. But shhh! don't tell them!!! Also I have been asked by Tay and Carmen to make a Snow Sissy so I think I will be adding her to the family by this weekend. I already found the perfect pink fuzzy yarn to make her hat and scarf! My only fear is that I will run out of Bernat white before Sissy is finished and she is going to be made out of Red Heart-which may make her look different than the rest....I hope there is enough! Fingers crossed!!

2 comments: