Monday, January 31, 2011

End of January

GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!! YAY!!!! SUPERBOWL SUNDAY IS NEXT SUNDAY!!!!
GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!! WHOO-HOOO!
Sorry! I got excited!
       I have been a Packer fan since before Favre started to retire the first time and now we are going to the Superbowl! Even if we do not win it is nice that they are there! Here is a funny true story about being a Green Bay Packer fan:
            My niece, Beth, was a Packer fan waaaay before I was. I watched football growing up but my family are die-hard Cowboys fans and I wasn't. One day I watched a Packers game with Beth and they became MY TEAM after that! So we spent years watching Packers games together and everyone in the family knew about our passion for the Packers. Our family still were majority Cowboys fans.
           One Monday night I rushed to my sisters house to watch the Packers game with Beth. As I was finding the game on the television another niece, Krissy, came rushing into the house. "Turn the game on! My team is playing!" she started yelling. I was dumbfounded! Come to find out that Krissy was a Packer fan and I NEVER KNEW IT! Years of watching the Packers and I never knew that my niece was rooting for MY TEAM! AND.....she didn't know I was a Packers fan either!!! SO this Superbowl Sunday is a special time for both of us:
GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree, it's all the games leading up to this fantastic achievement that has made it all worth it. I have been reading a lot of criticism from Steeler's fans abroad and I realize what the Packer's are up against, but they didn't get there laying on the field. My Father and I were in the same sport Monday night except I was at his house since he has the big screen TV and the Dish Network most HD ever service that allows our games to come through crystal clear. I've been working for Dish for a couple years but I don't have the big screen TV and they have the full vamp out for the Bowl. The HD receiver and programming they got fro free just for qualifying as a valued customer. I thought that was pretty cool since without that we would not have such a super place to watch the Packer's bring it on! GO PACKERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Steeler's are going to be tough to beat BUT we have worked hard and we will give them a run for the money! I am so excited to just watch the game! My sister has the big screen and the HD tv plus the surround sound sooooooo I understand about watching it somewhere else! Thanks for the comments! GO PACK GO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete