Saturday, April 2, 2011

Something to aspire to....2KCBWDAY5

Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make bu can admire the result of those that have.



     This prompt is an easy one to answer for me because I aspire to....well...everything! There are so many things I want to learn and accomplish that sometimes it is overwhelming. With knitting, I want to learn how to use circs, DPN's, cabling, intarsia, and how to knit from a chart...oh and I want to gain speed. To me, I am the world's slooooooowest knitter. I am envious of people who can crank out quality, beautiful, detailed, and intricate items when I labor to work through the smallest of items. OH AND LACE....lace seems sooooo detailed and tiny. Even thinking about knitting lace makes me feel clumsy and oafish, like my fingers are really sausages.
     I also want to write a craft book. Not just a knitting book but a craft book...something with a little bit of everything in it....
     I have so many hobbies that sometimes I wish that there were more hours in the day, more money in my pockets, more words to write down, and more people that were interested in what I said and did. Maybe one day....
     In life, I want to use my education for something that will leave me in someone's mind so that one day I will not be forgotten. I want to "produce" something of a legacy....whether it is a book or an idea or a product...something....
      SIGH....when I read this prompt I did not think it would make me feel so wistful....but it is....there are so many things to accomplish......

No comments:

Post a Comment