Sunday, April 3, 2011

Your knitting and crochet time....2KCBWDAY7

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

     My typical crafting time....what does "typical" mean? LOL!! Really though I am a craft as much as possible--whereever I can or am--however I can-- person! Most days, I can be found on the loveseat in my living room with needles in hand, in front of the television, watching Sadie (22 month old great-niece) run around the living room.
     I am not a social crafter only because I am not much of a social person...I used to make jewelry with my friends but found myself helping them "fix" things instead of working on my own pieces. This is how I am....instead of focusing on my stuff, if I work with other people, I focus on everyone else and how I can help them....this can prove to be too distracting and it gets on my nerves!
     My favorite place to knit is in my bedroom, on my bed, with the television on, and my dog. He is afraid of yarn BUT puts up with my addiction because he can curl up at my feet and cuddle. However, the yarn CANNOT touch him or get too close to him...he runs and cries. In everyday life he is a vicious, horrible, Min-Pin/Pom that scares everyone (but me) and does bite. Unless you are yarn...crazy but true. Anyway, I like to knit in on my bed. There is something comforting about having my pillows and blankets around me while I attack yarn with needles. The only downside is that it is my bed....sometimes I find pieces of yarn under my sheet or between my pillows. Also, when I am working on a project I do not sleep...most of the time I have to finish my project....this can be bad because I am on my bed but cannot sleep causing a love/hate relationship between me and my bed....
     However, my dog loves when I knit on my bed because I think secretly it is his favorite place too...as long as the yarn stays on its side of the bed and he stays on his side....everything is okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment