Sunday, August 21, 2011

So honored....

     I would like to thank my new friend, Aly, for asking me to be a contributor to her blog, knitme. I cannot wait to contribute to her blog! I am not sure if this is going to be a daily, weekly, or monthly contribution but would be happy even if I just did it once. Check out her blog with the link above! She has a TON of great knitting projects of the toy/softie/plushie variety (I love the traffic cone!)
     Another exciting piece of news has to be the fact that I think I am out of my slump! I have not been able to start/finish/continue on any of my knitting projects for about 2-3 weeks. Of course, I freaked out and went to Ravelry for sympathy/kick in the butt and found it. I was reassured by all the great people on there that I would get over it. Last night, I began knitting: Christmas cards! I have a copy of last years Simply Knitting's Christmas edition that has 3 cute Christmas cards showcased. The first one (in the magazine) is a white bell with a tan bow and clanger (it is beaded but mine will not be) on a piece of red glittery cardstock. The next card in the magazine is also on red cardstock but is a fuzzy Christmas tree (mine will not be fuzzy). The last one has 3 knitted Christmas balls...one oblong and two round with sequins in the middle (mine will not have sequins) and they are on a piece of green cardstock. I have made a red round Christmas ball and the bell while watching t.v. last night...they are really easy because they are knit flat and are as small as the palm of your hand.
     I think my cards will be a hit because no one has ever got a card like that from me before. I usually buy the big box of bulk cards at the beginning of December and then forget to send them until right around the holidays. Most often I rush to hand them out because it is too late to mail them! I cannot wait to find another spare moment to work on theses cards! I am using glittery yarn in acrylic and cotton and have all kinds of ideas about what I am going to do. Some ideas I have are making the ornaments 3-D or starching them so people can use them on their trees or I could bead them or I can make them multi-colored or I could....OH BOY...the possibilities are endless.....
         Stay tuned for pics!!!!

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm glad you're honored! I'm psyched to have you help contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to be part of the team myself too lol

    ReplyDelete