Monday, June 7, 2010

Pink and Brown Continues....

I recently finished what I like to call the "Blanket That Never Ends" which was a fantastic feat! Seriously, for a pattern called "Very Easy Baby Blanket" you can't imagine how un-very easy it was...it started as a gift for my nieces upcoming baby shower--JUNE 20th--and it looked like a good idea, on paper! But as I started knitting this monster blanket I realized I wanted it thicker so I added a skein of white to the TLC Baby yarn I had bought...and then it wouldn't blend right and then there was a knot right in the middle and then I skipped two very important steps to the pattern and then I had to *rippppp--rippppp--riiiiippppp* over and over because it just didnt look right! ARGHH!!! But it is done! Finally! After the baby shower I will be posting pictures of this monster blanket-oh and by the way I absolutely LOVE this blanket and the end result is everything I wanted! So now I am moving on to the next phase of the gift and this is the matching booties! So far they have proven to be as interesting as the baby blanket-I knitted up one and started on the other...ahhhh beautiful but wait a minute what's wrong with the first bootie? Is it...? Oh no! It is! It is completely unraveling!! What!!?! How?!!?? Why is this yarn out to kill me? I have been nice to it and bought it (even though it was more expensive than most that I buy) and it is being made into baby gifts and why is this happening? The baby shower is in 13 days and I still need to make a hat, cross stitch a bib, and now remake booties! Oh and I was going to try and knit bibs for the first time!! Ok, so I admit I am a last minute knitter and I should be knitting now instead of blogging but truth be told I find this to be an interesting new facet of my knitting! I can complain and not have to see my family look at me like I have grown a second head because they have no idea what I am talking about! *SIGH* My complaints are now purged and I feel better...so I am now off to knit a 3rd bootie for a baby with 2 feet!!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! 13 days is a lot... right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thank you! 13 days is a lot...wait...now its 12 days! AND my sister wants me to add a sweater! oh boy! Thanks for the support! I can do it....gulp....

    ReplyDelete