Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Tale of Two Yarns-Day One

This is my first official 2nd Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week 2011 submission! (Sadly, I am a day late but still posting anyway---just going to cheat and do 2....shhhhhhhhh......)

BLOG TOPIC #1
Choose two yarns that you have either used, are in your stash or which you yearn after and capture what it is you love or loathe about them.


*Ok, so this topic is a little weird for me because I am not picky about yarn. As long as I can afford it-I use it. However, there are some differences I have picked up. For example, if it is cotton, my fingers will know. The fibers rub against my skin and it makes it feel almost like an Indian burn. WAIT!! Does everyone know what an Indian burn is?? Please trust me when I say it is not supposed to be a racist term! I was born and raised in Virginia so somethings are still stuck in the Dark Ages of PC terms-so if I offend, please forgive me. Anyway now that my apology is done I will try to explain an "Indian burn" ummm.....ok! I got it! Take both of of your hands and cup them onto a volunteers wrist (side by side) and then turn each hand in different directions-fast! The result on your volunteers wrist will be an "Indian burn!" SO this is what happens when I use cotton--my fingers feel as though they are getting "Indian burned" as I am knitting. Of course, this doesn't stop me! I will still knit the occasional dishcloth (I sent 2 to Afghanistan when my niece was stationed there last year) or the occasional absorbant baby toy. It is just not my most favorite yarn in the world.
* My favorite yarn would have to be any baby yarn that doesn't split too much. I think this is mainly because I knit A LOT for babies. I can't help it! My family keeps reproducing at alarming speed! A couple of positives to this is that 1) I have learned to knit faster, and 2) there are always cute babies being born. The negatives are 1) I always seem to be knitting baby items, 2) once you knit for one family members baby-then ALL of them want something handknit (tee-hee! shhhhhh...I actually think this is a positive but was going for symmetry in my list!! LOL!!!)

SOOOOOO phew!! I have completed my first official 2nd Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week 2011 post....I did it! A day late but here it is!!!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment