Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tidy Minds, Tidy Stitches- Blog Post #3

How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised?

     When I read today's prompt for the 2nd Annual Knit and Crochet Blog Week 2011, I started smiling right away! First, I have to admit I was a little confused as to what the question was asking: what is this "organized" that the question asks? How does one define this particular word??? Soooo, I thought about it and I think I came up with a satisfactory answer. "Organized" is what people who do not keep all their yarn in hundreds of bags, thrown in the back of their car, and stashed all over their bedroom does with yarn!
     I have never been a neat knitter. When I knit it looks like a small child has run through the house with a pair of scissors and a skein of yarn--yarn droppings everywhere! Pieces of paper with indecipherable scribblings of k12, p8 litter the floor, the couch, the bed, the car-everywhere! One day some futuristic person will find my house/car in an archelogical dig and will run to the nearest expert to try and decipher exactly what the small pieces of scribble mean!
      "Boss! Boss! I found these items on-site', a breathless archeology student yells as he comes up from a giant pit in the middle of Virginia, 'I think it is some dead language! We have to get this right away to the top translators of the world! What do you think "k18p3k15YOk10ptbl" means? Why are there check marks, circles, lines, smiley faces, and X's all over? Is this a warning?"
     The tired female boss-lady who has been overworked for the last 4 months on the site of the dig looks sadly at the young, eager student and thinks two things at once. The first thing is "No one should be that eager and young!" The second thing is "It is a good thing he is cute-because he is as dumb as a post!" Slowly she tries to explain: "Calm down!' she snaps because people that are that eager are also hard of listening, 'Let me see those scraps! This is not a dead language! This is not a cryptic message....it is the scribble of a knitter trying to follow a pattern! It's not interesting! It is just laziness from a messy knitter!!! Don't bother looking for her needles, her books, or her projects!!! They were buried with her!!" As she said this, the tired female archeologist slowly smiles to herself and thinks about her stash of wool at home....sigh....a few more hours until knitting time....a few more hours.....

No comments:

Post a Comment