Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where are they now? Blog Post #4 of Blog Week!!!

Whatever happened to your __________?

Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.



     Haha!!! This is a great prompt for tonights blog post!!! This question was answered for me tonight by my niece about the fate of a baby blanket I made for my great-niece, Kylie, who is now 7 months old (I made it for her baby shower gift) Here is how the conversation started:
 
Brie: Ummmm, Aunt Cathy, about that baby blanket you made for Kylie...
 
Me: What about it? Did she pull it apart? (this is a fear of mine when gifting something to a baby-that they pull the yarn out and make a choking hazard out of it!)
 
Brie: (looking puzzled)- Nooooooo....but I....its kind of messed up...
 
Me: What happened? Didn't I make you two with the left over yarn from the first one?
 
Brie: Ok, I had to throw it away because I threw up on it after my very serious dental surgery. (Actually, I added that last part because as her aunt I KNOW SHE JUST HAD DENTAL SURGERY BUT AS A READER NO ONE ELSE KNOWS)
 
Me: You threw it away? You couldn't wash it?
    
     At this point her mother, my sister, jumps in and tells me that it was not something that would come out but that Kylie still has the other one so its not that bad! Because I know how bad my niece has had it since her very serious dental surgery, I am not mad. PLUS, Kylie loves her blankets. When she was an infant, my niece lined her bed with the blanket (ummm...number 1 blanket...number 2 came later when Brie asked if I had any spare yarn left so that she can have an extra for when the first blanket was dirty....wow...she looked into the future there!) I have seen Kylie using the blanket to learn how to crawl-which she is the QUEEN of doing- and I have seen her cover up with the blanket when she was suffering through teething (she has two bottom teeth now!)
Kylie-looking cool with her shades!! 7 months old!
     

2 comments:

  1. AWWW my beautiful Smiley Kylie! She needs another Blankie Great Aunt Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! She has gotten 2 already....that is passed the limit that they normally get....usually 1 kid=1 blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete